AZ - Phoenix, CA - Los Angeles, CA - San Diego, CA - San Francisco, CA - San Jose, CO - Denver, CT - Hartford, DC - Washington, FL - Jacksonville, FL - Miami, FL - Orlando, FL - Tampa, GA - Atlanta, IL - Chicago, KS - Kansas City, LA - New Orleans, MA - Boston, MD - Baltimore, NC - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, NV - Las Vegas, NY - New York, OH - Columbus, OK - Oklahoma City, OK - Tulsa, PA - Philadelphia, RI - Providence, TN - Memphis, TN - Nashville, TX - Dallas, TX - El Paso, TX - Houston, TX - San Antonio, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee
Job Description Responsible for managing the efforts of home nutrition services and programs, including consumer advocacy, consulting staff, and the Home Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Medical Advisory Group.
Manages and supports the development, launch, execution, and assessment of home nutrition initiatives/programs specific to the needs of the internal and external customers. Identifies target accounts and pursue strategic selling opportunities.
- Provides clinical expertise in support of sales and branch operations to develop enhancements to nutrition patients.
- Identifies sales, clinical, and reimbursement training requirements, develops training objectives, and directs the implementation of nutrition and continuing education training programs.
- Identifies operational needs in support of the customers and the branches and directs the development of operational planning specific to the Company’s home nutrition services and programs.
- Communicates market updates as necessary throughout the Company’s network as appropriate, including nutrition-related marketing presentations to payers and nutrition-related marketing collateral.
- Analyzes and communicates new business and contract opportunities, including market analysis, customer needs assessment, operational logistics, clinical requirements, profitability analysis, pricing strategies, and outcomes reporting.
- Develops and manages the annual budget and marketing/business development plan for home nutrition services and programs.
- Assures excellent communications, customer satisfaction, and quality of program implementation for all internal and external customers.
- Leads and manages subordinate staff for development, project direction, and production quality and quantity.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position will support the entire country. Travel will be up to 50%.
Required Qualifications* Minimum ten years of related experience, including minimum six years as a clinician in the field of Nutrition support or related field.
* Sales or marketing experience; home care and/or managed care experience a plus.
* Valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance coverage.
* Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills.
* Excellent detail orientation and time management skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft business software.
* Lives within 1 hour of a Coram branch.Preferred Qualifications* Experience in home health care. Education* Four-year college degree in Nutrition, Nursing, or Pharmacy. Master’s degree preferred.Business Overview
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/