The Medical Records Lead coordinates and assists in managing/participating in the operation of the medical records service. The Medical Records Lead interacts with the other departments in the pharmacy in an effort to provide accurate POS/MARs and other requested forms or reports to centers on a scheduled basis according to predetermined delivery times.
• Supervises day-to-day operation of the Medical Records department and Medical Records Technicians.
• Communicates with facilities as needed to provide systems and informational support via telephone contact, periodic in-servicing and customer service visits.
• Implements pharmacy objectives as determined by the pharmacy supervisory team.
• Fully supports and assists with the company’s continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives.
• Supervises the set-up of conversions and new center start-ups with respect to Medical Records, along with assisting pharmacy Order Entry as required.
• Trains Medical Records Technicians with respect to computer systems, medical records terminology, and general knowledge of long term care regulations as pertaining to monthly medical records.
• Oversees routine maintenance of printers/terminals.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
• Manages the scheduling of Medical Records Technicians, medical records completion and delivery.
• Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments. Required Qualifications
• Previous pharmacy, healthcare or medical experience required.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
• If not already licensed, must apply for Pharmacy Technician license with Missouri Board of Pharmacy upon acceptancePreferred Qualifications• Pharmacy data entry experience.• Medical Records experience.• Knowledge of medical and pharmacy terminology.• General knowledge of pharmacy and long term care regulations as they pertain to monthly physician order sheets and medication administration records; knowledge may be gained through training.
Successful history of:
managing a team larger than 4 colleagues
- managing a high-touch customer service business
- medical records Education
High School Diploma or equivalentBusiness Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/