Join Fortune 7 CVS Health as an Advisor of Project Management in our Buffalo Grove, IL office. The Advisor Project Management Specialty is responsible for driving all phases of medium to large projects/programs to successful completion. The Project Manager is responsible for providing day to day leadership, management and coordination of all activities pertaining to project direction, goal setting, planning, estimating, resource allocation and assignments, project health and reporting, problem resolution and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure project goals are met. In addition, the Project?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /
Manager proactively provides coaching and mentoring to individuals and teams for Project Management best practices, continuous process improvement and customer satisfaction initiatives.
The Advisor of Project Management will:
• Take complete ownership, responsibility and accountability for small, medium and large projects.
• Strong planning, estimating and tracking skills for time and costs across all teams and phases of the project.
• Competency in using all processes and tools required to perform project management tasks.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with multiple teams delegating workload and ensuring team effectiveness.
• Must be able to identify, assess and resolve complex business problems, issues and risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation techniques.
• Ability to work with the business users, gain a deep understanding of their needs and translate those needs into specific project deliverables.
• Ability to work with technical resources and understand their needs and deliverables. Help with the coordination of their efforts to deliver the final solution.
• Proven ability to function as a leader and drive project deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
• Proven capabilities with stakeholder management and scope control.
• Ability to serve as a subject matter expert, mentor, and role model to other Project Managers and the PMO.
• Proven ability to administer customer satisfaction initiatives for feedback and improvement campaigns.
Required Qualifications • Minimum of 8 years of Project Management experience demonstrated by a proven track record of success in multiple complex projects and/or programs.
• Minimum of 8 years of professional, related experience in consulting, software development, client management, team management, business relationship management and resource management
Preferred Qualifications • Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
• Solid Project Management experience in providing business solutions through software development and following a full project lifecycle process encompassing ideation, initiation, planning, requirements definition, design, build, test, deploy and post release lessons learned.
• Proven ability to translate business strategies and opportunities into feasible, cost effective IT solutions.
• In depth experience with project planning, capacity planning, demand management, vendor management, RFP’s and Statement of Work processes.
• Knowledge of Pharmacy Benefits Management, Claim Adjudication, Specialty, HIPAA and NCPDP standards a plus.
• Continuous process improvement mindset and the ability to turn improvement ideas into executable plans for implementation across project teams.
• Proven ability to understand the big picture and drive innovation and creative thinking for defining scope for business solutions.
• Proven expertise in team and individual leadership, mentoring and coaching skills in a matrixed organizational environment.
• Resourceful and creative when presented with project risks, issues and other project challenges that need immediate attention and resolution.
• Experience with conflict and resolution management for schedules, resources and other issues that may impede progress of the project.
• Experience communicating expectations, project direction, goals and project health accurately to project stakeholders across the enterprise.
• Strong interpersonal skills that will build important Business and IT relationships that promote cross team understanding of Business strategies for product development.
• Experience managing project finances for tracking actuals, forecasts and changes to schedules, internal and external resources, hardware and software for the full lifecycle of the project.
• Managing and controlling project scope and resource capacity to ensure alignment.
• Establishing and managing vendor relationships to ensure project resources fit project requirements.
• Ensuring that overall quality of project deliverables exceed enterprise standards.
• Monitor project progress using enterprise tools and methodologies to ensure compliance with company standards.
• Manage and monitor offshore initiatives and raises concerns for scheduling and quality issues.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/MIS or similar?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /
* Equivalent work experience can be considered in lieu of degree, one additional year of experience is required for each year of college not attained.
* PMI certification is preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/