Required Qualifications· Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy with a B.S. or PharmD degree
|Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com|
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you looking for a fast paced and dynamic environment? Do you have a passion for helping others?
As a Pharmacist Manager, you will work in an exciting, dynamic and energizing environment, leading the coordination of pharmacy management's goals and objectives within the dispensing pharmacy. You will use your leadership experience to manage a team of pharmacists and technicians while also ensuring the overall compliance of the pharmacy.
In this role, you will be an integral leader of the pharmacy team. Your success will be driven by your ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and service. The most successful PIC demonstrates excellent leadership skills, customer service skills, as well as a good sense of urgency. The contributions you will make as a leader will position CVS Health as a leader within the LTC marketplace.
- Take ownership and provide supervision for dispensing pharmacy
- Implement quality assurance programs for pharmacy services designed to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care, pursue opportunities to improve patient care, and resolve identified problems. QA programs should be designed to prevent and detect drug diversion.
- Implement policies and procedures for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of prescription information and patient health care information, and ensures that all employees of the pharmacy read, sign, and comply with the established policies and procedures.
- Serve as a primary source of information and responds to internal and external customer questions or clarification of information.
- May perform various duties associated with narcotic room compliance to include but not limited to reporting of periodic pharmacy self-surveys for controlled substances prescription accuracy, respond to and resolve regulatory surveyor’s inquires related to compliance issues, contact physician to receive hard copy of prescription and perform drug recall surveillance and reporting
· Current license in state(s) practicing
· Schedule flexibility Preferred QualificationsPrevious management experience preferred EducationGraduate of an accredited school of pharmacy with a B.S. or PharmD degree
· Current license in state(s) practicing Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/