- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2015 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
Heal patients and redefine health care as a MinuteClinic® practitioner.
When you're part of the MinuteClinic team, you're working with the best. We pioneered the retail health care model, and the quality and service innovations that have made the concept such a remarkable success. Our care model ensures the highest quality care at every visit, as recognized by our accreditation by The Joint Commission. It also promotes a more satisfying, 1-on-1 approach that benefits both the patient and the practitioner. As a practitioner in our expanding network, you'll be backed by resources that will empower you, expand your knowledge and support your growth — all so you can offer the kind of care you've always longed to give.
Our predecessor, QuickMedx, opened its first centers in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area in May 2000. They offered treatment for seven common medical conditions: strep throat, mono, flu, pregnancy testing, and bladder, ear and sinus infections.
The demand for walk-in convenience and a more affordable alternative to emergency rooms and urgent care centers led to quick growth. With the addition of insurance coverage and other improvements, QuickMedx became MinuteClinic in December 2002.
Now a part of CVS Health, MinuteClinic operates more than 1,100 clinic locations inside CVS/pharmacy® and Target stores in 33 states and the District of Columbia. We have expanded services and formed clinical affiliations with 30 of the largest hospital systems in the United States. Our MinuteClinic nurse practitioners have seen more than 33 million patients to date, with a 95 percent customer satisfaction rating. Learn more about our history.
Every day, MinuteClinic practitioners help individuals, employers and health insurance plans access quality health care. We hope to have a MinuteClinic walk-in medical clinic near you soon. Check locations to see if we're in your neighborhood yet.
Our Care Model
Our care model ensures practitioners can focus on providing patients with high-quality care at every visit:
- We focus on a specialized range of family health care needs
- We offer the training, tools and support you need so you can thoroughly evaluate, diagnose, recommend treatment and provide patient education
- Our proprietary Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system easily guides you to evidence-based diagnosis and treatment
- In every market, we have local board-certified, practicing physicians who serve as collaborating physicians and can assist you when needed
- Processing patients is easy — we accept most major insurances and utilize electronic billing
What we offer you
You'll find more of what you're looking for in a career at MinuteClinic. Because we understand your role and your goals, we're able to offer personal and professional benefits that will make your career extremely fulfilling.
Our schedule offers alternatives and provides a desired work-life balance. Our weekday schedules are composed of 11-hour shifts. Because most of our clinic locations are open 7 days a week, we can work with you to create the schedule that best fits your life and family needs.
As a practitioner in our expanding network, you'll be backed by resources that will empower you, expand your knowledge and support your growth — all so you can offer the kind of care you've always longed to give.
We offer three basic types of positions:
- Full-time positions (30 or more hours per week)
- Part-time positions (20 hours or more per week)
- Weekend positions (weekend schedule + limited weekdays)
Whether you work full- or part-time, you'll earn benefits and enjoy growth opportunities that few other companies can match. So you can create the career that fits your life, instead of the other way around.
Because our practitioners' talent and experience so greatly benefit our organization and our patients, we reward you with a compensation package that is among the best in our industry.
We pay our practitioners by the hour rather than by a monthly or yearly salary. That means, unlike other practices, you will be compensated for every hour you work for us. Plus, our in-depth market research ensures our rates are always competitive.
Benefits are based on your employee status — full-time or part-time — as well as individual plans' eligibility requirements.
While our retail clinics are designed to be staffed by one health care professional at a time, you'll never have to "go it alone." We've spent years building the strongest, most dependable, most effective support system possible.
- Our comprehensive training and orientation programs, which include unique online learning tools and dedicated regional training managers, will give you the tools you need to work autonomously and to make your new career a success.
- Our collaborating physicians and clinical managers are always on call should you need help or advice.
- Your national network of colleagues and resources include experienced practitioners and managers. You'll be able to communicate real-time from your clinic, allowing you to gain knowledge from their experience.
- Our medical call center provides patient support services for those with questions about their visit so you can focus on the patients in your clinic.
- Our EMR system will guide you through evidence-based diagnosis and treatment for nearly every type of family health care issue. It includes evidence-based clinical guidelines, the latest clinical information, accessibility to patient records from other locations, an automated chart review process and e-prescribe functions.
- Our check-in and payment process is easy and efficient so that nothing comes between you and the care your patient deserves.
You'll find many more opportunities for growth and leadership at MinuteClinic than in traditional practice settings.
Our network of practitioners is one of the largest and strongest in health care — and is continuously growing. Just imagine how much you'll learn and how confident you'll be in your practice as part of our community.
It is quite common for a practitioner with strong leadership skills to take on a role as a preceptor and move up to manager of operations. Opportunities exist for positions within the corporate structure as well.
We provide professional development and continuing education opportunities through our own training programs, Continuing Medical Education (CME) events and offerings through affiliated organizations. We also provide our practitioners a generous reimbursement benefit to attend CME events and offer and support CME events across the country.
Our innovative practice model puts talented practitioners like you out front, acting as the single point of contact for your patients and making independent decisions about their care. It's a challenging role. No other setting gives you so much ownership of your work or lets you provide the kind of patient-centered, high-quality care you believe in.
Our innovations, clinical safeguards, processes — even our structure — illustrate our commitment to providing patients the high-quality care they might expect from a doctor's office or emergency room. And we support the continual advancement of quality through initiatives like the National Clinical Quality Advisory Council and Joint Commission accreditation.
One of the ways that we ensure quality care and a positive patient experience is to make sure that all of our practitioners are credentialed before they begin seeing patients. This helps us maintain our accreditation and allows us in-network status with most major insurance plans.
The credentialing process includes a review and verification of education, licensure and certifications. You'll work 1-on-1 with our regional credentialing coordinators to complete this step after you accept your offer of employment.
Our care model helps shift the focus from administration and return it to personal attention. Our practitioners take care of their patients from check-in to payment — and our customers tell us it creates a more pleasant care experience. In fact, over 95% of our patients surveyed rate their MinuteClinic visit highly satisfactory.
Performing clinical operations and being an integral part of the store team and community are all part of a day's work. You'll develop important business administrative skills that can lead to internal growth opportunities. You'll also participate in the team nature of the entire organization by developing a close working relationship with the store manager and pharmacist at your CVS/pharmacy® location.