Become a Collaborating Physician with MinuteClinic
Patients want more choices and convenience without sacrificing the quality of care. That's the idea behind MinuteClinic® and the reason we've seen such tremendous growth. Working just a few hours a month, you'll help us continue to provide high-quality care. The amount of time the job takes and the compensation depend on the number of clinics and the number of collaborations, approximately two hours per month per clinic. As a MinuteClinic collaborating physician, you'll enter into a collaborative agreement with the nurse practitioners or physician assistants* that staff your local clinic for:
- Clinical support, consulting when needed with clinic practitioners
- Providing clinical mentoring with collaborating providers
- Completing chart reviews
This role requires:
- An MD or DO degree and board certification in family practice, emergency medicine or urgent care in your state (providers can also be double board certified in internal medicine and pediatrics)
- Active practice in your clinic's area
- A collaborative working style and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
- A proactive approach and solid problem-solving skills
Search job opportunities now »
*MinuteClinic® employs physician assistants in select states. See here for details.
Our predecessor, QuickMedx, opened its first centers in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area in May 2000. They offered treatment for seven common medical conditions: strep throat, mono, flu, pregnancy testing, and bladder, ear and sinus infections.
The demand for walk-in convenience and a more affordable alternative to emergency rooms and urgent care centers led to quick growth. With the addition of insurance coverage and other improvements, QuickMedx became MinuteClinic in December 2002.
Now a part of CVS Health, MinuteClinic operates more than 1,100 clinic locations inside CVS/pharmacy® and Target stores in 33 states and the District of Columbia. We have expanded services and formed clinical affiliations with 30 of the largest hospital systems in the United States. Our MinuteClinic nurse practitioners have seen more than 33 million patients to date, with a 95 percent customer satisfaction rating. Learn more about our history.
Every day, MinuteClinic practitioners help individuals, employers and health insurance plans access quality health care. We hope to have a MinuteClinic walk-in medical clinic near you soon. Check locations to see if we're in your neighborhood yet.
Our Care Model
Our care model ensures practitioners can focus on providing patients with high-quality care at every visit:
- We focus on a specialized range of family health care needs
- We offer the training, tools and support you need so you can thoroughly evaluate, diagnose, recommend treatment and provide patient education
- Our proprietary Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system easily guides you to evidence-based diagnosis and treatment
- In every market, we have local board-certified, practicing physicians who serve as collaborating physicians and can assist you when needed
- Processing patients is easy — we accept most major insurances and utilize electronic billing