Heal patients and redefine health care as a MinuteClinic® practitioner.
When you're part of the MinuteClinic team, you're working with the best. We pioneered the retail health care model, and the quality and service innovations that have made the concept such a remarkable success. Our care model ensures the highest quality care at every visit, as recognized by our accreditation by The Joint Commission. It also promotes a more satisfying, 1-on-1 approach that benefits both the patient and the practitioner. As a practitioner in our expanding network, you'll be backed by resources that will empower you, expand your knowledge and support your growth — all so you can offer the kind of care you've always longed to give.
Our predecessor, QuickMedx, opened its first centers in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area in May 2000. They offered treatment for seven common medical conditions: strep throat, mono, flu, pregnancy testing, and bladder, ear and sinus infections.
The demand for walk-in convenience and a more affordable alternative to emergency rooms and urgent care centers led to quick growth. With the addition of insurance coverage and other improvements, QuickMedx became MinuteClinic in December 2002.
Now a part of CVS Health, MinuteClinic operates more than 1,100 clinic locations inside CVS/pharmacy® and Target stores in 33 states and the District of Columbia. We have expanded services and formed clinical affiliations with 30 of the largest hospital systems in the United States. Our MinuteClinic nurse practitioners have seen more than 33 million patients to date, with a 95 percent customer satisfaction rating. Learn more about our history.
Every day, MinuteClinic practitioners help individuals, employers and health insurance plans access quality health care. We hope to have a MinuteClinic walk-in medical clinic near you soon. Check locations to see if we're in your neighborhood yet.
Our Care Model
Our care model ensures practitioners can focus on providing patients with high-quality care at every visit:
- We focus on a specialized range of family health care needs
- We offer the training, tools and support you need so you can thoroughly evaluate, diagnose, recommend treatment and provide patient education
- Our proprietary Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system easily guides you to evidence-based diagnosis and treatment
- In every market, we have local board-certified, practicing physicians who serve as collaborating physicians and can assist you when needed
- Processing patients is easy — we accept most major insurances and utilize electronic billing