- Social Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Our Giving
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be The First Tobacco-Free Generation
- Health in Action Blog
- Thought Leadership
- Hiring Areas
- Why CVS
- Important Security Alert
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2015 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
Retail Store Leadership Internship Program
“Retail Store Leadership interns gain first hand exposure to key aspects of managing a CVS Pharmacy store and insight into district and regional leadership activity. We are preparing our interns for success in future, critical leadership roles.”
- Scott Baker, Head of Retail Operations
Finding tomorrow’s leaders in today’s students. We understand the first step to a great internship is successful training so we developed a strategy for you to learn our culture as well as the key aspects of our retail business. Our Retail Leadership Internship Program will provide both hands on experience and exposure to store and field leadership. Learn how Retail Store Managers are innovative in how they drive their stores sales, how they focus on customer engagement and how they build successful teams. Experience how a District Manager teaches store teams how to be successful and how to ultimately deliver for our customers. Essentially, gain insight on how to be successful in running a business in a Fortune 10 company.
Develop your business and leadership skills. Interact and network with members of field leadership. Attend regional and district meetings. Your work will be integral to meeting the needs of customers and colleagues alike. You’ll work alongside other dedicated individuals in a fast-paced environment that inspires you to grow your skills and reach your career goals. Together, we’ll reinvent pharmacy—and help millions of people in communities across the country on their path to better health.
What will I be doing?
You will develop your business and leadership skills to help you reach your career goals. We are an organization committed to the professional growth of our colleagues and offer ample opportunity for our interns within our Retail Store Leadership Internship Program to learn first-hand about career paths and success at CVS Pharmacy.
- Our interns gain hands-on experience with a store team and have invaluable exposure to district and region operations through:
- Training in Store Operations via online, classroom and on-the-job training
- Key experiences through workshops, travel days, attending leadership meetings and/or other opportunities led by our Field Leaders to provide exposure to the many facets of our retail business, such as District Sales Management, Pharmacy Operations, Human Resources, Training, and Loss Prevention
- Completing a comprehensive project executed over the course of the internship to provide the opportunity to delve deep into business trends
- Upon completion of your internship, you are provided with the support to potentially continue your employment during the school year, explore additional internship opportunities and/or explore post-graduate careers in our Retail Store Leadership Development Program
Who is eligible for the Internship Program?
- Candidates must be enrolled as a full-time or part-time undergraduate student in a college or university.
- Candidates should possess foundational skills and knowledge that tie into the core competencies to be a successful retail leader, such as Engages and Inspires Others; Impacts and Influences Others; Delivers Results; Thinks and Acts Strategically; Focuses on Customer and Market
- Candidates should be of Junior or Senior standing in a Business, Retail, Liberal Arts or Pharmacy program. Limited opportunities for Sophomores may be available.
- Current overall GPA of 2.75 or higher preferred.
- Available to intern full-time, 40 hours per week, for the duration of the 10 week program
- Submit completed application by the deadline
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check
- Have the ability to work in the United States with no restrictions. Candidates should be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents able to work in the United States with no restrictions
- Have local housing for the length of the program
- Positions are posted and available to apply starting in January 2016
- Selection process – January 2016 through May 6th, 2016 on a rolling basis
- Program Dates June 1st, 2016 – August 12th, 2016