Job Description The Hemophilia Advisor will develop physician, hospital, treatment center and manufacturer accounts, and assist the National Sales Director, Regional Sales Managers, and Program/Therapy Manager in meeting and achieving national goals and objectives. The position reports to the Regional Sales Manager and will also coordinate closely with Hemophilia Sales, Payor Sales, Program Management, Pharmacy Operations and Nursing as needed. This candidate must be located in the Midwest part of the U.S. to support this geography.
As a Hemophilia Advisor you will:
* Market company services including Hemophilia educational programs and capabilities to hemophilia patients, physicians, nurses, pharmacy and customers through cold calls and personal visits. Maintain and develop established account relationships within assigned region/territory.
* Conduct clinical presentations for physicians, nurses, social workers, hospital administrators, and pharmacy.
* Create and conduct educational or training presentations to customers, support groups, and others in the bleeding disorder community.
* Coordinate clinical sales efforts with internal resources: i.e. marketing, reimbursement, payor team, program management and nursing.
* Provide CE programs to medical doctors offices and home health agency nurses.
* Maintain current clinical and product knowledge and awareness of competitors’ activities through review of information from the field and home office.
* Establish daily goals, follow up contacts and devises appropriate marketing strategies.
* Support and network within the bleeding disorders community, attends and participates in local, regional, national events, and conferences.
* Partner with the hemophilia field sales team and the payor team, helps to troubleshoot payor issues/concerns directly involving hemophilia members as needed
* Have interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail
* Ability to work independently, have a strong work ethic, outgoing personality and positive attitude.
* Possess excellent follow-up and effective time management skills
* Represent CVS Health in a professional manner at all functions
* Travel the multi-state region including IL, IN, KY, MI or OH
* May require additional licensure in multi state service areas
The candidate must be located in the Midwest part of the country including: IL, IN, KY, MI or OH.
Required Qualifications * Registered Nurse (RN) with
current license in state of residence
* Ability to travel overnight up to 60% or as determined by business
* Possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance
* Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and Word to document
Preferred Qualifications * Bachelors degree in nursing (BSN)
* Hemophilia experience highly
hemophilia/bleeding disorder sales support experience
Education*RN Diploma, Associates or B.S. degree in nursing requiredBusiness Overview
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/