Job Description Seeking an expert compounding pharmacist to lead and run a best in class compounding operation. This role will be hyper focused on a single process in our Mendota Heights, MN facility. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly knowledgeable sterile compounding pharmacist with a real passion for compounding and quality.
As a Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Supervisor you will utilize your compounding expertise to ensure the safe and compliant delivery of parenteral medications. Coordinate and direct activities of pharmacy personnel in the appropriate compounding, packaging and labeling of compounded sterile products ensuring safe, timely and accurate completion of tasks. This unique role requires a deep understanding of aseptic processing standards, cleanroom operations and an attention to detail.
Make a difference today by bringing your personal touch and compounding experiences that will support our patient’s one on one care.
This is a full time position. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll receive a competitive benefits package that connects you with affordable, flexible and personalized programs for managing your overall well-being.
Pharmacists with Coram CVS/specialty infusion services have a uniquely rewarding setting to apply their pharmacy leadership skills. As a national leader in the home infusion field, we seek to hire those special pharmacists who not only possess strong aseptic processing expertise, but the kind of deep passion to operate a best in class operation.
* Involved in the management and oversight of the cleanroom compounding suite and all cleanroom activities and requirements.
* Understand and implement changes as a result of rules and regulations as pertains to compounding cleanroom's for all levels of sterile compounding and their requirements.
* Maintain appropriate inventory levels of and ensure use of preferred products per formulary.
* Communicate clinical and technical information with other members of healthcare team.
* Participate in policy and procedure evaluation, re-evaluation and implementation.
* Develop and lead performance improvement, recommend process changes. Ensure all improvements align with comply with validation protocols and change control procedures.
* Develop educational and training programs.
* Ensure production is audit ready and compliant with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to: State board of pharmacies, USP, cGMP and FDA.
* Obtain, interpret and evaluate all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost-effectiveness, accuracy, safety and completeness.
* Assist with interviewing coaching, training and orientation of new employees.
* Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
* Additional licensure may be required in multi-state service areas.
Watch Coram on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare
Connect with recruiter on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/vincentmanchise
Required Qualifications * Registered Pharmacist with current license in the State of Minnesota.
* Experience as a pharmacy supervisor or manager preferred.
* Two years or more of infusion therapy compounding experience.
* Have and maintain current CPR certification if in direct contact with patients.
* Have advanced computer skills.
* Have excellent customer service skills (written and verbal).
Preferred Qualifications* Infusion experience in a home healthcare or hospital infusion setting as a supervisor, manager or PIC preferred.
Education* B.S. or Doctorate of Pharmacy degree required.
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/