Job Description The Analyst - Strategic Diversity Management is responsible for supporting the implementation of diversity management strategies across the Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM), Specialty Pharmacy,Long Term Care, MinuteClinic, and other healthcare assets. Specialty Pharmacy, Long Term Care (LTC) , MinuteClinic (MC) , and other healthcare assets . In addition, this role is accountable for running varying degrees of enterprise analytical data analysis of internal and external diversity trends to ensure CVS Health stays aligned with market leading diversity best practices.
The primary areas of business strategy support is within Diversity Management’s 4 business objectives: Workforce Representation, Colleague Engagement, Talent Systems and Marketplace Diversity.
Critical to this role is to engage with the business as a partner and have the ability to assess, recommend and implement multiple strategies that apply to some or all of Diversity Management’s 4 objectives. This position has oversight responsibility for multiple population and market segments. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to effectively build relationships, collaborate, organize multiple efforts, be comfortable speaking in public, which may include senior executives. The candidate will have the ability to convert analytical data into concise, presentable and digestible information and convey it clearly and cohesively.The role will require collaboration with multiple teams and staff to build and execute programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and leads Strategic Diversity Management (SDM) programs in the primary areas of focus, which are Workforce Representation, Colleague Engagement, Talent Systems and Marketplace Diversity. - Plans, coordinates and leads internal diversity strengthening efforts across multiple healthcare channels (i.e. PBM, LTC, MC). - Supports the launch of new CRGs (including chapters) by writing and delivering tool kits in partnership with CRG leaders. - Tracks progress of engagement within the CRG (i.e. attendance of events, enrollment, and participation). - Partners closely with Corporate Diversity Manager. - Writes and drives the delivery of internal participation campaigns through various communication channels. - Acts as project lead at key conferences and meetings related to SDM areas of focus, includes presenting to internal audiences. - Tracks and communicates (to appropriate parties) progress and setbacks of overall strategy. - Supports in the oversight of local pre-determined (volunteer based) diversity champions (Diversity Leadership Teams - DLT).
- Establishes and manages key annual DLT deliverables for Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM), Specialty Pharmacy, Long Term Care, Minute Clinic, and other healthcare assets (includes coordinating agendas for the leadership meetings). - Manages information flow to and from the DLTs to foster alignment and synergies. - Provides project management of objectives the DLTs commit to. - Evaluates progress of DLT initiatives against set goals and partners with SDM Director to determine future recommendations. - Provides recommendations and best practices for learning opportunities from existing diversity training platforms and evaluates the progress to then report back to the Director. - Receives data compilations and mines the data for insights which inform broader influencing strategy. - Gathers and uses competitive intelligence. - Understands and stays current on market specific socio/political trends which can potentially effect colleague, consumer, and patient opinions of the company. - Organizes and analyzes Excel data delivered by HR Shared Services and Corporate Diversity Managers. - Transforms complicated data into visuals used to influence leaders on Diversity and representation trends (i.e. runs trend analysis on workforce and external populations to identify people in the marketplace available for jobs in workforce programs designed within this team.). - Leverages the data insights to support the creation and design of new programs aimed and driving specific diversity initiatives and goals. - Develops Community Outreach Programs and Partnerships.- Identifies, partners with and leverages relationships with key external organizations that align to the assigned areas of business and manages at-risk relationships with expediency. - Manages CVS Health branding activities, including vendor relationships and marketing channels. - Partnership with non-profits (i.e. Human Rights Campaign and Urban-League), attend external events to recruit talent.- Attend events, creating external support materials, and communicate project timelines. - Cascade external community outreach programs to internal colleagues in partnership with Corporate Communications. Special projects.- Create guides to impact external potential CVS Health colleagues and/or customers related to how CVSH lives our purpose in the market (i.e. create a guide for RPh’s to deliver care within . Required Qualifications- 3 or more years of experience in HR or business related role; preferably as a Business Analyst.
Preferred Qualifications- Negotiation & Facilitation : Navigates through cultural differences, conflicts, tensions and misunderstandings. Effectively manages group dynamics. Builds relationships. - Cultural Competence: Understands multiple cultural frameworks, values and norms. Demonstrates an ability to flex style when faced with multiple dimensions of culture in order to be effective across cultural contexts. - Public Speaking & Presentation : Engages audiences, articulates with courage and passion. Able to connect with people at various levels of position and status. Exhibits professional presence. - Bi-lingual: Verbal skills a plus (Spanish preferred) - Results Driven: Proven ability and knowledge to drive for results, analyze data and report progress. Influencing: Able to build relationships with key constituents to gain desired impact.
- Critical Judgment: Able to discern when to inquire, advocate, drive or resolve matters decisively.
- Project Management: Exhibits creativity in content creation of plans, communicates to appropriate audiences, and implements in timely manner through various vehicles. Ability to work with multi-functional teams.
- Self Directed: Must work effectively with minimal day-to-day direction Travel: 10-15% within and across states
- Computer: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Business - Acumen: Must understand core business operations of CVS Health. Basic understanding of how a business achieves its goals and objectives. Education- Bachelors Degree required. Master's Degree preferred. Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/