Job Description If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do and solving complex problems while contributing to helping patients on their path to better health, consider growing your career as a Consultant with the CVS Health
Enterprise Product Innovation & Development team!
As a consultant, you will focus primarily on the retail pharmacy business and addressing the $300B opportunity of helping patients be adherent to their medications. As a Consultant, you will work with a high-energy team that is motivated by the opportunity to brainstorm, test, analyze, and build the products and services that drive health outcomes for our patients. In addition to developing these exciting new strategies to improve patient adherence, you will help manage the existing suite of programs in CVS retail pharmacies by closely monitoring program performance and patient feedback to help drive value of our existing offerings.
Your typical day as a consultant with CVS could include:
- Work with technology partners and articulate how they could build a new product that will help CVS Health patients on their path to better health
- Meet with a team from a different department to brainstorm new ideas for improving the CVS patient experience
- Jump on a call with CVS pharmacists to hear about their feedback and suggestions for improving existing patient adherence programs
- Analyze a patient segment and develop recommendations for addressing issues you discover
- Design and run a “mini-test” of a new idea to confirm or deny a hypothesis about patient adherence
- Build a business case for a potential new service and present it to leadership
- Measure the impact of a newly-deployed project that provides a better customer experience for CVS Health patients
- Visit the call center and sit with agents to better understand patient pain points with newly deployed or existing programs
- Work with IT partners to quickly troubleshoot and address critical program impacting system issues
This consultant job might be for you if:
- You are a detective. You can use data, user feedback, and your intuition to unpack ambiguous technical problems and identify the root cause and solution. You enjoy testing and iterating on these fixes to ensure the user experience is the best that it can be.
- You enjoy solving complex problems. If you don’t know how to do something, you work to find the answers. You don’t get frustrated easily when something doesn’t go the way you planned.
- You can take complicated concepts and communicate them effectively to a variety of audiences. You write well. You pay attention to the details. You can articulate your thoughts eloquently.
- You enjoy working in teams with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. You get satisfaction from helping your teammates succeed. You listen to others’ ideas with an open mind.
- You value innovation. You are comfortable questioning the status quo. You are willing to take calculated risks. You are always looking for new ways to improve existing processes.
- You are self-motivated. You are eager to step up and take on new and exciting challenges. You take ownership of your work. You pay attention to the details. You notice that the phrase “You pay attention to the details” was used twice in this job description.
- You are passionate about working to improve the health outcomes of CVS Health patients. You recognize that transformational change in health care doesn’t happen overnight and you are committed to making a difference one step at a time.
- You don’t mind taking steps to dig into the details of existing products and processes and challenging established assumptions
Required Qualifications2+ years of experience independently solving problems with data
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications3-5 years experience in consulting or healthcare industry
Experience conducting analytics using Oracle SQL, Teradata SQL, and/or Tableau
EducationBachelor's DegreeBusiness Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/