Job DescriptionAs part of the enterprise transportation team the Transportation Strategy Analyst will support strategic transportation initiatives, such as freight term optimization, as well as provide analytics related to transportation expense mitigation opportunities. The Transportation Strategy Analyst will be responsible for designing ad hoc analytics to support freight term negotiations, product flow analysis, transportation sourcing events and optimization of fleet assets. This individual will work closely with Internal Transportation Teams, Category Management, Procurement, Inventory and Accounts Payable as well as external service provider partners to ensure comprehensive business planning and analysis.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Support the development and continuous evolution of a best-in-class transportation business planning process that incorporates category, inventory, transportation and external information to drive transportation strategy and tactics.
2. Support category profitability improvement through providing fact-based and data-driven guidance to Category Managers in determining optimal Supplier freight terms.
3. Independently design and conduct complex analyses (e.g. addressing multiple, interconnected issues or elements) using many different types of information.
4. Distill insights into potential transportation expense mitigation opportunities.
5. Articulate conclusions and recommendations to the leadership team.
6. Prepare material and presentations in a way that can be easily understood by others who may not have the same background or expertise.
7. Partner closely with Directors and analysts on the Transportation Team to break down business questions, design analysis and determine required data.
8. Engage cross-functionally across the enterprise to drive results and resolve issues encountered by the team including the ability to assess and course-correct as necessary.
Required Qualifications-5-7 years’ experience in Transportation, Supply Chain, Logistics
-5-7 years’ experience of consulting or related analytical experience required
-Superior analytical skills, quantitative skills and problem solving skills (SAS, SQL, Access and Tableau knowledge a plus)
-Ability to construct complex models to analyze information (primarily in Excel)
-Experience working with large data sets
-Ability to explain analysis through PowerPoint (e.g., tell the story)
-Keen ability to distill complex ideas into simpler frameworks and illustrations
Preferred Qualifications -High level of independent judgment and initiative
Education Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or Finance
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/