Job Description The Senior Director, Specialty Trend Management Products will be responsible for all aspects of strategic product management for specialty benefit design and patient assistance support strategies.
The Senior Director will be responsible for complete strategy and ownership of these products. This includes development of strategy, positioning, and life-cycle management; and oversight of product development, modeling, underwriting, and operational readiness (including implementation plans). Responsible for the annual development of sales targets in existing and new customers. The incumbent in this role will also serve as a thought leader on the Specialty Senior Product Leadership team.
This position has responsibility for developing our specialty trend management product portfolio. This position will also interface with specialty clients in soliciting feedback and understanding their needs to help develop solutions and products that would supplement our existing portfolio. In addition, this position will interface with individuals in multiple areas of the organization at levels ranging from Director all the way to BPC-level colleagues.
1. Responsible for all aspects of strategic product management for the specialty product portfolio outlined above, including managing existing products, leading team of Product Advisors and Analysts, and directing the design and development of new strategies and product offerings.
2. Able to influence and create mutual synergies with internal Enterprise stakeholders in order to achieve defined outcomes
3. Drive the adoption of specialty trend management solutions. Identify and partner with internal stakeholders including sales and account services, to develop effective communication strategies that assist in positioning products of value to clients.
4. Interact with clients to solicit feedback and derive solution concepts that meet their evolving trend management needs; participate in external-facing activities that advance our position as thought leaders, including speaking engagements and conference participation.
5. Collaborate with senior leaders across departments to gain support and alignment for our specialty trend management strategies. Serve as thought partner to specialty senior leadership team.
6. Consistently gain understanding of the changing market place and leverage that insight to create innovative solutions that deliver value for our customers.
7. Identify ways to improve product related efficiencies across the organization.
The Senior Director will frame complex problems and develop solutions that address multiple interests with minimal guidance and direction - trusted team member with considerable autonomy to shape strategic direction of offerings. He/She will also need to be able to influence and establish rapport with colleagues, both senior and junior to him/her. You will exhibit exemplary leadership and management skills while navigating a complex and highly matrixed organization.
Required Qualifications 1. 8+ years of experience in Specialty, Prescription Benefit Management (PBM) or healthcare business; in-depth understanding of marketplace dynamics to anticipate and address emerging market needs; managing client relationships and have the ability to creatively solve complex client problems with an appropriate mix of quantitative analytics, and market-based business judgment.
2. 8+ years of experience in a product development, product management or similar role with experience creating and executing product launches.
3. 5 years in a leadership role that includes strategic and solution-oriented capabilities, superb communication skills, including the ability to present to internal and external C suite leaders and
effective writing skills which includes the ability to write succinct, clear, well-synthesized proposals.
4. 5 years experience at managing various P&Ls and proven track record of making sound decisions to grow short and long term profitability
5. Travel approximately one time per month is required
Preferred QualificationsBenefit Design/Consulting experience
Health plan or other payor experience
Education Bachelors Degree required
Masters degree preferred
Pharmacist Licensure preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/