Job DescriptionSr. Advisor of Application Development. As an Applications Development Senior Advisor, you will work with and lead both full- employees and contracted resources to execute project work within the IT organization at CVS Health. You will ensure that project initiatives and guidelines meet both internal and client requirements and are delivered on-time.
The Senior Advisor leads a team of developers to deliver design, code, and deployment of Specialty Applications and client integrations for products across the next generation of Specialty pharmacy applications.
Additional Responsibilities include:
* Identify opportunities for technology improvements, improved organizational efficiency and effectiveness, and innovative solutions to help achieve business benefits through technology.
* Collaborate with internal infrastructure teams to properly plan and sustain healthy well performing on premise software application environments.
* Provide input to business relationship management teams regarding improvement goals for business divisions or functions that can be achieved through technical solutions.
* Coordinate with other cross functional leaders within the IT and business leaders to ensure holistic application solution designs to meet business needs.
* Assist in Programs to ramp new teams into solution architecture.
* Proactively work to reduce costs and improve productivity (continuous improvement).
* Create, implement and ensure measures for successful execution, including Solution development standards, policies, processes, procedures and controls.
* Ensure the team is diligent in creating thorough solution documentation that can be used as input into future development tasks and training.
* Research existing technology solutions for appropriateness and reuse.
* Perform analysis to identify and vet potential technology solutions.
* Lead diverse individuals in both business and technology through the product evaluation process.
* Influence stakeholders across both business and technology.
* Document process findings, risks and recommendations.
* Drive consensus and arbitrate business demands within architecture with the cooperation of business teams or partners.
* Communicate technology opportunity, operational and structural problems through the combined lens of architecture, development, partner and infrastructure.Required Qualifications8+ years of overall IT experience including the following:
* Diverse technical experience in designing complex analytics-driven products or cloud-based platforms, addressing concerns around multi-tenancy, workload distribution, security, scalability, high-availability etc.
* Experience delivering solutions for the insurance industry
* Experience with architecting products and systems to include real-time information streams, and in-memory technologies
* Advanced proficiency in agile software development lifecycle methodology
* Database development (i.e. Oracle, MS SQL Server, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS).
* Architecture and technical design of enterprise solutions (i.e. OOD/OOA, SOA, and web services).
* Intermediate proficiency with key Microsoft platforms (SharePoint, BizTalk, ADFS)
* Deep domain expertise in one or more architecture domains: Application, Integration, Information
* Familiarity with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, DoDAF.
* Experience with modeling languages such as UML
* Understanding architecture approaches and patterns within domain of expertise.
* Understanding of differences in information and data architecture patterns and tools applicable to Transactional (OLTP) systems
* Extensive experience in unstructured and structured Data Integration
* Experience with modeling tools such as EA Sparx is a plus
* Experience with Robotic Process Automation tools a plus
Experience in Healthcare or Insurance IndustryEducation
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent required. Masters in Computer Science or equivalent will be accepted.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/